7 Best Stress Busters
Stress is unhealthy for both your mind and your body. It can affect things such as your blood pressure, digestive system, and eating habits. It can also affect your sleep, your memory, and your overall energy levels. So, if stress is responsible for these ailments (and many others, too), why don’t you just get rid of it? We’ve listed 7 ways for you to do just that:
- Meditate. Learn how to breathe in a way that will calm your mind and relax your body. Practicing this a few minutes each day can be quite refreshing.
- Exercise regularly. Moving and expending anxious energy while your brain releases calming endorphins is a perfect stress reducer. Consider including Yoga or Pilates as part of your regiment.
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine is a stimulant – and that is what it does: stimulates. Reducing your consumption can reduce these stimulating effects.
- Sleep. Get a good – and full – night’s rest each night. Make this a habit!
- Aromatherapy. Lighting a candle or oil burner with the right scents – such as lavender, rose, or bergamot – can lead to a calm and relaxed mood.
- Stay organized. Keep everything around you organized – at school and at home. Use an agenda, practice good time-management, and stay on track. If you are organized, you should be on top of everything – and will be less likely to find yourself in a last-minute panic.
- Laugh. Laughter really is great medicine. Enjoy the company of friends and laugh. It will always make you feel good!
Stress can be damaging. Make these stress busters a habit – before your stress escalates out of control.