The Art of Perseverance: Tips to Survive College Life
College life is a huge adjustment for many students. You are away from home (maybe even for the first time) and find that you are responsible for taking care of yourself on your own. For example, handling your laundry, meals, housekeeping, and even waking up on time. Combine these new responsibilities with studying, writing papers, attending lectures, and social engagements and you may feel a sense of doom before you even get started.
Many students find themselves overwhelmed and struggling until they get the hang of this new life. It is possible to make it through successfully – if you just stick with it. We’ve put together a list of tips to help you survive the college life.
- Get involved. Make some friends, join some clubs, attend campus events – whatever will get you involved and make you feel like you belong.
- Stay organized and prioritize. Keep your space tidy. Get a calendar to organize your studies and your engagements. Prioritize these items.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy meals, exercise regularly, and get proper sleep.
- Create a budget. College-life is a real lesson in money-management. Make a budget and stick to it. Your bank balance and credit score will thank you!
- Find a study place that works for you. Once you find this place, go there often.
- Allow some fun time. Do not deny yourself time to unwind. Have fun and lots of it – just at the right time, that’s all.
- Remember what you are there for. Your education. Keep this is the forefront of your mind so you don’t find yourself drifting. Go to class, engage with your professors, and be active in the college complete process. Your future career awaits.