Brain Food: Wanna Be Smart? Eat!
Food is what fuels our body. If we feed our body properly, it can do some incredible things – both physically and mentally. Did you know that by eating certain foods you can provide your brain with power you need to succeed? It’s true! You sure don’t want to wait to start including these foods in your diet.
Here’s what your brain is craving:
- Oily fish – Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, oily fish can enhance memory and cognitive functioning. In addition to providing brain power, this food is also key for heart health.
- Avocados – Avocados boost your blood flow (and your mental focus) and keep your cardiovascular system healthy.
- Blueberries (or almost any berries) – Berries are extremely rich in antioxidants. They provide a layer of protection for your brain. Tip: The brighter the fruit’s color, the higher the nutrients!
- Nuts (and seeds) – Vitamin E is important for your memory and overall cognitive functioning. Regularly consuming it helps delay any memory loss issues.
- Leafy greens – Greens are full of vitamins to help power your brain and prevent a decrease in cognitive function. The key vitamins and nutrients are vitamin K, lutein, folate, and beta-carotene.
- Whole grains – These are one of the main sources of complex carbohydrates that your body uses for energy. And, without energy? Your body just cannot optimally function.
If you feel like you are doing all the right things, but you are still struggling with your studies – try changing up your diet to include more brain food. You may be amazed at what can happen!