Hitting the Home Run: Tips to Cover the Bases
It is the goal of every baseball player to hit a home run. After all, it is the best you can do, the key to getting all the bases covered, and, with any luck, the way to win a game! You can hit the home run on the college front, too, if you hit the ball just right.
Don’t strike out – follow these tips to get your bases covered!
- Plan, plan, plan. Know where you want to go and how to get there. Set goals, create a plan, and then follow it through.
- Stay organized. Grab yourself some file folders, a calendar, and a portable disk drive. Label everything throughout your application process, such as your test preparation and scores, recommendation letters, deadlines, etc. This keeps everything in order and easily accessible.
- Don’t lose focus. Now is not the time to lose your focus. Preparing for your future is no simple task, but losing your focus could cost you big time. Keep your eyes on the prize!
- Take prep courses. Prep courses for your ACT or SAT exam can mean the difference between getting into the school of your choice and not. You must practice and be prepared to get that home run – it doesn’t just happen with no effort.
- Seek guidance. It takes a team to win a ball game. Form your own team with those who can support and guide you to the fulfill your goals.
Keep your eyes on the ball. This is the only way you will be able to make contact with that ball and send it soaring!