New Year, Better Start
While it is possible to have a fresh start whenever you decide to create one, we have been taught that the beginning of a new year is the perfect time to start over. After all, it is a fresh year and you can make a fresh plan.
Before you find yourself packing up the holidays and getting back to the daily grind of life, take some time to stop and reflect on your life. Be honest and ask yourself these questions:
- How proud are you of your accomplishments last year?
- Did you complete everything that you had hoped for?
- What was your greatest success of 2017?
- What was your greatest failure of 2017?
- What do you intend to do differently this year?
- What is the biggest lesson you learned in the passing year?
- What is the biggest time-waster in your life right now? How can you get rid of it?
- If you can accomplish one major goal this year, what will it be?
Use your time now to create a plan for accomplishing that goal – and any others you decide to make. You can call them goals, or you can call them resolutions, but just be sure to have a legitimate plan to achieve them this year.
Being prepared and starting off your new year with a bang can mean the difference between accomplishing something positive or remaining at the level of status quo.
It’s the new year and you can have a better start than ever before. It’s all up to you. Where do you intend to go this year?