General Getting Into The Ivys (GITI) Referral Program Information
- What is Affiliate/Referral Marketing?
An affiliate/referral marketing program is a revenue sharing program where the affiliate (that’s you!) drives traffic to a merchant’s website (that’s us!) in exchange for referral commissions. When a visitor to your website/blog/newsletter clicks on the affiliate link to our website and completes a purchase, you get a commission on any membership plan they purchase!
We have partnered with Referral Candy to provide our GITI affiliates with affiliate tracking, reporting, and prompt monthly payments.
Once you sign up for and are accepted to our program, you’ll have access to our GITI Affiliate Dashboard. Here you can log in at any time to and choose from our wide array of affiliate tools such as banners, text links, and much more. You will also find out about the commissions you’ve earned and even learn about how many impressions each of your links has received.
- What is the GITI Referral Program? How does it work?
The GITI Referral Program allows you to make money by referring customers to purchase any of the Getting Into The Ivys’ test preparation, college admissions, college scholarship, and essay writing premium plans. You earn commission by placing links, banners and product reviews on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails that directs buyers to the Getting Into The Ivys website. Each time you refer a customer to us and that customer makes a purchase, you earn a commission. In every calendar month you will receive your commission payments via PayPal.
- What is Referral Candy?
Referral Candy is a highly reviewed and top-rated affiliate/referral software system. This innovative and powerful affiliate software system provides all the affiliate tracking, reporting, and real-time commission payment statements for the GITI Referral Program. There is a user-friendly interface and dashboard (your GITI Referral Dashboard), that makes it easy to keep up-to-date with and clearly track all of your referrals and affiliate earnings.
- How do I get started? Or how do I join the GITI Referral Program?
Step 1: Sign up to be a GITI Affiliate at: https://www.gettingintotheivys.com/referral-program/
Step 2: We manually review all applications within 2 business days. Once your application is approved, we will send you set up instructions as well as banners and text links that you can use on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails.
Step 3: Collect your commissions, and be one happy geek!
- Does it cost me anything to become a GITI Affiliate?
Nope! It’s completely free to join our GITI Referral Program. As long as you are an active GITI Affiliate, all you need to do is keep linking and collecting your commissions. Fab!
- What are cookies, and why are they important?
Cookies are used to track a user’s web activity. In the event a user clicks a link on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails featuring our affiliate offer, a cookie will be placed on their computer. If the user does not make a GITI purchase immediately, the cookie will be used to identify that user back to your GITI referral account for the next 45 days. Should they return to the Getting Into The Ivys website and make a purchase within that 45-day period you will still receive credit for the client referral.
- What is an affiliate disclosure?
GITI Affiliates must adhere to the instructions from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding testimonials and reviews. An individual policy for all reviews and testimonials on products and services provided by Getting Into The Ivys, as well as social networks, forums, blogs, etc. must be present at the GITI affiliate’s website. According to the FTC, “a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product”, if there’s any, must be “fully disclosed”. You can read more on the FTC’s ruling here.
- Are websites, blogs, social media posts, newsletters, video channels, and/or emails outside the United States eligible for the GITI Referral Program?
Absolutely. We welcome applications to our referral program from most countries.
- I operate more than one website, blog, social media profile, newsletter, video channel, and/or email list. Can I still join the GITI Referral Program?
Yes. You’re welcome to promote GITI across all of your websites. The more links and banners you place on your websites, the more qualified leads you’re likely to send us and this should translate into a higher sales conversion. Aka more money for you!
- Do I receive any discounts on Getting Into The Ivys since I'm a GITI affiliate?
No, you will not receive any credit when making a purchase through your own GITI referral link.
- Is my website or blog eligible for the GITI referral program?
Most blogs and websites qualify to participate in the GITI referral program but we prefer websites, blogs, social media posts, newsletters, video channels, and/or email lists that target our audience to ensure high quality conversions. However, we reserve the right to refuse membership to a website, blog, social media profile, newsletter, video channel, and/or email list, and/or to revoke your GITI affiliate membership at any time, if we determine that your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails contain objectionable material.
- What are my responsibilities as a GITI Affiliate?
You are responsible to update creatives on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails once offers expire, and to promote Getting Into The Ivys in a respectable manner. All GITI affiliates must abide by the terms and conditions of the GITI Referral Program Agreement.
- Whom should I contact if I have questions about the GITI Referral Program?
Should you have any questions or concerns about the GITI Referral Program send an email to: Referrals@GettingIntoTheIvys.com. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- How do I manage my GITI Referral account information?
You can manage all your account settings in your GITI Referral Dashboard. Here you can update most of your account information, such as e-mail address, mailing and pay to address, and your username and password.
- Do I earn commission on the tax and shipping costs of a product or service?
No. You only earn commission on the net price of the product or service after discounts are applied and not on the tax and shipping cost.
Setting Up Links
- After I join the GITI Referral Program, how do I get the ads and links to put onto my website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails?
After being accepted into our program, you will be given access a GITI Referral marketing folder where you will find text links, banners, and other creatives that you are free to use.
- How do I build links for specific products/services or pages?
- Log into your GITI affiliate dashboard account and then click “Promotion”
- On the “Promotion tab’, click “Banners & Links”.
- Choose the banner or text link you want to use and then click “Get Banner Code” button.
- Copy HTML code and paste it on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails
- If you only need your affiliate link, just copy the URL on “Your General Affiliate Link” at the top of the dashboard.
- Where may I place the GITI referral links on my website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails?
You should place your GITI referral links where they’re easy for your visitors to find — for example, on your website’s or blogs home page, navigation bar, and any other high-traffic areas. By placing the links on easily accessed locations, visitors will be more likely to click on your links and make a purchase.
- How often should I update my links?
You should update links to our products and services frequently. We often add new products and services, so you should create new links that fit the interests of your visitors.
- What are the benefits of using video creatives?
Videos have the ability to engage better and appeal directly to the audience than traditional banners and text links. They have the potential to convey large amounts of information while presenting a product or service in a conversation form; thus, creating a more personalized approach. They are also able to capture a wide-reaching audience because they can grab hold of not only the eyes but also the attention and emotions of the audience. Video creatives convert better than banners and text links because of the high level of engagement and emotional involvement of the audience.
Sales and Commission
- How much can I earn?
That’s completely up to you. There is no cap on your commission earnings. We can help if you need something specific to promote Getting Into The Ivys your way, but your profit potential completely depends on your sales ability. Our standard commission rate is 12% for every sale you make. We also offer specific GITI Ambassadors cash-dollar amounts ranging from $250-$50 per actual sale.
- How do I know how much commission I’ve earned?
Simply login to your GITI Referral Dashboard to see your lifetime earnings, monthly earnings, and earnings that are to be paid out in the next month. The GITI Referral Dashboard stats update on a constant basis.
- When and how do I receive my commission payment?
Payments are sent out via PayPal. Payments are sent out on the 8th of every month, for the previous month’s commissions (unless Getting Into The Ivys has opted for an extended lock date). So, commissions that you earn in January, for example, are eligible for payment on February 8th. If the 8th falls on a weekend, payments are sent out on the following Monday.
- What about cancelled sales?
If a user decides to cancel for a refund, or if credit card charges are reversed due to a dispute or credit card fraud, your account will be debited for any commission earned on that transaction.
- How can I monitor my sales?
You can monitor your sales by accessing reports as often as you like through your GITI Referral Dashboard.
- Who processes orders and handles customer service?
Getting Into The Ivys handles all order processing and customer service for the customers that you refer to our website. All you have to do is place links on your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails.
- How will GITI know that the orders came from my website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails?
All links from your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails to the GITI website contain a unique identifier so that every time a user comes to us via your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails, we know to credit you when a purchase is made.
- How often can I run reports?
You can run reports daily if you wish. Your GITI Referral Account Manager is updated daily with the latest information about your website, blog, social media posts, newsletter, video channels, and/or emails.
- What happens if I terminate my GITI Referral Program membership? Will I be paid for my earnings if they don't surpass your payment threshold?
If you terminate your GITI Referral Program membership, you will be paid for your earnings before the termination date as long they reach the GITI referral program payment threshold of $50. Unfortunately, you will not receive any commissions on sales made after the termination date. You must reach the payment threshold to be paid your earnings.